Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hello

Well my dear friend Janet is going to Japan tomorrow and started a blog, so I decided to start a blog to keep up with what she's doing in Japan. Hopefully I can leave her insightful comments. Actually I really like intellectual topics, so maybe we'll be able to talk about them. I told her about Yasukuni, which she didn't know about. I read in the news today, that a documentary about Yasukuni visits was banned from several theaters in Japan. What happened to freedom of speech?

I named my blog "Never Save Anything for the Swim Back" as a reference to my favorite movie, and the point in my life that has given me inspiration to do everything I've done up to now. The phrase describes the metaphor of two men, who have dreams that are far out in the open ocean. One man tries to swim out to his dream, but is worried about having enough energy for the swim back to the shore and is afraid of drowning. The other man has no regrets, and saves nothing for the swim back, and thus is able to achieve his dream.

2 comments:

CommanderCacho said...

freedom of speech isn't a given, even in america. big brother is always watching!

war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery.

ok, jk, i got carried away there.

nagooyen said...

well the brother solved the case so he's living his dream too isn't he