Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Harlem and Police

Well I live in Harlem during the summer to save money, and today I took a walk to the Apollo theatre. It's an interesting neighborhood. I always wipe my usual smile off my face, to try not to stand out so much. Still, everybody still seems surprised to see me, and always ask what race I am.

So while I was walking, i came across this huge crowd of black guys yelling at the cops. The cops arrested this one black guy, and we're a little bit extra rough with him. So everybody in the neighborhood was yelling and getting mad, throwing bottles, throwing signs, pylons, and whatever at the police. I thought they were going to break out into a brawl. I kinda hate the cops also, I always think people with power abuse their power.

I ended up eating dinner at Pizza Hut where the cashier tried speaking Chinese with me.

No comments: