Monday, July 14, 2008

Controversy

A friend of mine just reminded me of an interesting incident back in high school. I was upset with National Honors Society because I deemed them corrupt, and also I just didn't like the advisors. I wrote a lettor to the editor of the school newspaper to expose NHS. It was a pretty interesting time, it created quite some controversy. Some people loved it, some people hated it. It pissed off the faculty advisors, and some of my close friends (including Janet who I wrote about previously).

I remember that I was the only person at graduation who was not wearing the ceremonial outfit that NHS gave us, and it was a really proud moment for me. I don't need some stupid badge to tell me what I'm worth.

Actually my original version was probably slightly harsher, but the editors at the newspaper decided to edit some parts of it. I also included NHS's actual response to my criticism, which also appeared in the paper. To me, it doesn't really say anything, and doesn't admit to or counter any of the points that I made.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude this is a cool article you stood up for what you believed in that is awesome.