Friday, July 25, 2008

In China

Well I travelled around 30 hours in total from New York to Nanjing, China. I'll try to update with interesting stories and cool things I see in my travels.

Actually a lot of interesting things happened today. On the flight, i sat next to a 40 year old man and a 26 year old girl, and we chatted a lot about various topics. I really enjoyed our conversation, because I think its rare nowadays to meet people with geuine wisdom and insight.

We talked about racism in America, marriage, and about mainland Chinese girls marrying for H1 Visa status to stay in America. It was really refreshing to hear the girl say she would never sell herself just for the opportunity to stay in America. I think my cousin, who i love, wants to marry an American just to get the right to live in America, and I think it's retarded and lame.

She also told us a story about a friend of hers. This guy was a white american, who, according to her, was very average in America. He wasn't particularly intelligent, didn't have great academics, wasn't particularly athletic or good looking, and was just a regular guy in America. But one day, he decided to go to China and teach english, for like $700 a month. And since then, he's crazy about China. He makes money for doing the easiest skill for him, he has all the girls chasing him, and he sings praises about his life in China.

We also talked about how it's a bit silly for Chinese people to spend so much money to buy foreign brands. I personally think its retarded, but maybe there is something that I'm not getting.

No comments: